Sunday 8 July 2012

Testimony songs #5

This is the song which meant the most to me at the time I made my celibate vow.
My first love is a blazing fire

When I became celibate I was absolutely certain of my decision, but slightly shy of speaking up and letting people know that I had made my choice. Eventually I felt like a bottle of pop which had been shaken up and needed the top let off. When another sister my age at work made her vow that prompted me to confirm my vow publicly... the top came off the bottle of pop and I spent a week grinning like a Cheshire Cat :-)

The song sings of love and passion for Jesus being released and that is pretty much how I felt at that time.

The bit which spoke to me most and speaks to me still is this:-
My first love is a rushing river
A waterfall that will never cease
And in the torrent of tears and laughter
I feel a healing power released....

I do find that worship is very healing. Not the "plough through 3 songs before the sermon" kind of dutiful song singing. I mean when you give your heart to worshipping God and your spirit connects with the Holy Spirit and you do find a release and healing from being connected to your Creator and Father in the way mankind was meant to be. That kind of "perfect worship" is not a common  experience, but it does bring change and healing on a deep level. Sometimes after times like that I feel the kind of tiredness but comfort that you feel after having a good cry about something, a sense that some of the things that were troubling you have gone now.  And from that healing comes new joy, new confidence, new love for Jesus. It is indeed a time of release.

No comments: