Friday 6 July 2012

testimony songs #3

The next significant songs in my life were from the era when I was at university and making choices about what to do with my future. At that time in the church we had "multimedia gospel presentations" which toured the UK during the winter months. They were powerful attempts to show the gospel using songs, dramas, video clips and so on. I am not sure if I found them amazing because they really were amazing or because at that time in my life a lot was happening spiritually and these events seemed to hit the right spot for me.

It was during one of the "Bleeding Life" events that I felt God speaking to me and saying "I want you to move into community"
I was not really thinking about that issue at that moment, but I remember I had been praying for some weeks along the lines "God, I want you to do something in my life" I suppose I got my answer.

Anyway, one of the songs from "Bleeding Life" started something like this:-

Don't join the rat race greedy for more
Jesus has told us blessed are the poor
We seek the Kingdom
This is the time
Now celebrating in the bread and wine.

No comments: