Friday 6 July 2012

testimony songs #4

This is about what happened when I did move into community....

When I told the leaders at that I wanted to move into community one brother spent the evening trying his best to dissuade me. I suppose he was checking to make sure I had made a sound decision and not an emotional one. Anyway, they agreed I could move in once I finished my course at uni, which was abut 3 months off. It was hard work finishing my course and doing my final project and exams, but at the end of it all I was planning to pack up my stuff one weekend with the help of my best mate in the church as we shared our little student house together.

The weekend before I moved in she did not come to church and on the Sunday evening two different brothers brought a word to me,
One said "you are going to know opposition from the source you least expect it".
The other said "whatever it does to Tracy (not her real name) you need to be true to what God has called you to".
On Monday night I went home to find her sat with her arms around her new boyfriend declaring she was not coming back to church any more.
On Tuesday it was agape and I stayed over at the community house, and passed on her news as she requested me to do.
On Wednesday night I went home, we stayed up all night talking, and she asked me to leave the next day so her boyfriend could move in.
On Thursday I went to work at the warehouse where I had started my first full time job that week. At the end of the day I was dropped off by the minibus, and they came back in an hour to pick me up with all my stuff.

The song which kept me going at that time was this one. Faithful God, so unchanging
Link

No comments: