Sunday 16 September 2012

not buying clothes #2

I had another amazing gift from God this week :-)

My trainers have all come in holes over the summer, so I was thinking I needed a new pair before the winter. I'm not sure if I prayed about it or just thought about it. Anyway... I gave a friend a lift home during the week, he works for an outdoor clothing shop. He got into the car carrying a box and said "Do you know anyone who can use these?" It was a pair of posh trainers that a customer had worn and then returned. When I tried them on they were a perfect fit and they are grey/purple which is just my kind of colours too. Being a very good brand I know they will last me well.
I was really really blessed that God had provided, and that He knows me well enough not to send white leather trainers which I really would not want to wear.

I was thinking about this during a meeting recently. How God is willing to provide if only we pause long enough to give Him a chance to do so.
Then I wondered what other areas are there in my life where if only I would pause to wait for God, He would provide.

I mean... I am beginning to realise God's provision and care are not just limited to kitting out my wardrobe.
Maybe if I paused for Him instead of panicking about evengelism I would find His grace to talk to people about my faith.
Maybe if I paused for Him instead of getting stressed things would be more calm at work.
Maybe if I paused for Him and asked for .... whatever.... I would see His provision.
Maybe I should look forward to meeting the new sisters and brothers who are going to move into our house and not fret about the lacks or gaps....

No comments: